||SENIOR TOWN PLANNER - READING
£40 K plus benefits
International practice of Engineers and Environmental Specialists are continuing to thrive across the UK and are well positioned to win a large number of wet infrastructure related projects. Their success is unrivalled and as a result they are seeking to make this key appointment.
A Chartered Town Planner is required to deliver environmental and regulatory services for a range of public and private sector infrastructure development projects. The groups workload is diverse and includes the production of environmental and planning related reports for significant infrastructure projects in the energy and water sectors.
For your part you will be responsible for the preparation of planning and development related reports as well as contributing to the production of EIAs and other environmental studies. You will work both a range of clients externally and also play a big part in communications within the group too, working with a wide range of services.
You will be expected to provide high quality work within agreed time, budget and quality frameworks and ensure technical and quality aspects of projects are well managed to deliver effective solutions whilst ensuring client satisfaction. As you will engage in direct contact with clients you are expected to have client facing experience as well as commercial awareness and understanding.
In more detail the role will cover:-
• Preparation of Planning Applications and supporting documentation including Design and Access Statements and Planning Supporting Statements
• Preparation of Site Assessment and Development Briefs
• Liaising with clients, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders
• Undertaking community consultation events
• Commenting upon development plans policy and other planning related consultations
• Providing planning advice to clients and colleagues
• Mentoring of junior staff and strengthening relationships with other disciplines
For your part you will be a qualified Town Planner with experience in the large infrastructure market as well as some public inquiry experience you also have the ability to lead others and communicate effectively with clients, assisting in developing the workload further.
The company are able to reward well and offer a very extensive salary and benefits package together with exceptional career prospects.