£50k plus benefits
Exciting opportunity has presented itself with this leading practice of Engineers, Planners and Architects who have a superb reputation for excellence across the country.
As their Midlands office continues to grow they are seeking to appoint an experienced Ecologist to assist in managing and supporting on ecological appraisals, protected species surveys and mitigation design.
For your part you will be responsible for:-
• Planning, undertaking and managing protected species surveys as part of site assessments (often within the framework of an EIA) including the management of ecologists and other environmental specialists
• The preparation and review of reports on the results of site surveys; the evaluation of the ecological status of a site; the assessment of impacts on ecology from proposed developments; and recommendations for surveys, mitigation actions and site management.
• Attending client meetings to negotiate programmes of work and to advise on the implications of the findings of studies.
• Preparation and submission of tenders, quotes and project proposals.
• Supporting development of the ecology business.
It is expected that you will be a motivated individual with in depth experience and the ability to deliver a high quality professional consultancy service.
You will be a graduate in Ecology or a similar subject with a very strong background gained over five or more years with some good examples of projects worked on.
You will also need to have good commercial acumen including the ability to liaise with Clients, and to tender for new work. You will need to demonstrate a sound knowledge of environmental law and possess the ability to manage your own workload and that of others.
Our client reward well and offers excellent long term prospects and the opportunity to work with some industry leaders.
||£50,000 plus excellent benefits