||Principal Transport Planner
||PRINCIPAL TRANSPORT PLANNER (Microsimulation)
£55,000 plus benefits
A successful infrastructure and planning consultancy is currently looking to recruit an experienced Principal Transport Planner to join the team based in the Midlands, working with a number of major clients including Transport for London, Highways Agency as well as a number of local authorities.
The role would suit an experienced Transport Modeler with particular expertise in urban traffic management looking to enhance their client relationship and project management experience in a senior role within a large and multi-faceted team. The position offers large scope to play a part in technical development of the team, project management, coaching and mentoring whilst developing your own skills and expertise. You will be expected to contribute to the design and day to day management of transport modelling and forecasting studies and the assessment of scheme impacts, including environmental, operational and economic appraisals.
- Manage a range of transport modelling projects
- Provide technical expertise in areas of transport modelling and appraisal and provide advice to the team
- Ensure that customer and business demands are met and help to secure repeat business.
- Line management and development responsibilities for other staff.
- Provision of proactive leadership to secure all round collaborative, cooperative and harmonious working relationships, with clients, colleagues, and staff.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with key clients based upon achievement of excellence in service provision with high levels of technical competence and client satisfaction.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant standards and policies; raise the comnpany`s profile by networking, and attending conferences.
- Deliver to agreed personal targets.
They are seeking an individual who understand their client's values and express commitment to them. They want their staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with their clients and to deliver excellence.
- Numerate first degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related subject is Essential.
- Ideally Chartered Professional (CEng, MRTPI, TPP or CMILT) status.
- You should have significant experience in the use of micro simulation models, particularly S-Paramics. Knowledge of Traffic Management and Control Systems would be Desirable
- The ability to advice on the design of modelling studies, their management and delivery is important. You should be conversant with the appropriate guidance on the assessment of transport schemes and familiar with the role of related disciplines.
- You should be highly numerate with strong problem solving skills and innovative thinking and have a flair for translating complex problems into elegant solutions and delivering and demonstrating this value to their clients.
- You should have the ability to inspire and motivate your colleagues and pass on your expertise to the other members of their skilled team.
- You will have the passion for building great relationships internally and externally and have proven capability to lead and develop teams, setting targets and measuring performance.
You can expect a variety of great benefits together with the opportunity to become part of a huge success story and play a vital part in driving their Midlands region forward.